Friday, November 27, 2009

The Saga Continues..(Part 2)

After a happy family dinner, we were back home.. I wondered how to spend the last few hours of my 'teenage' life.. I decided to pull down all the photo albums and the diaries from the years gone by.. There's something about going through ones old photos that livens up one's spirits.. you can't help but smile when you see a picture of yourself in a funny costume that you had to wear for a school play or a picture of you making funny faces at the camera on your first excursion outside the state.. I was enjoying the company of the 'ghost of the birthdays past'..


The sweet smell of vanilla mixed with the seductive scent of chocolate floated through the air... Lost in the downpour of memories, i had forgotten to check on my parents.. I had assumed they were asleep.. I listened, but all i could hear was muffled whispers.. i stepped out of my room, the entire house was dark except for a lone candle in the drawing room.. I took timid steps towards the candle.. I thought i heard a giggle..

Confetti flew in the air and the lights came on..

All the people i'd been looking at in my photo albums, stood in front of me now, all of them wearing a party hat and singing for me.. There was giggling, there was teasing but mostly there were just warm tight hugs..
So you think a picture is worth a thousand words?? Well, a hug is worth all the memories and the love associated with each of those memories that these simple words describe..

I was finally 20.. and i was loving every minute of my new life!!

1 comments:

Vishnu said...

happy boithday mam.. looks like ur day was jus perfect..
no cake?? only candle..
wax nallava irundhudhu??