Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The 'Saal Ka Last With a Blast' Series




Most people are known to take resolutions in the new year, ( and give it up two weeks into the year) but I'm thinking, why not change traditions a bit??
I mean when you give up your traditions so early in the year you're loomed with a sense of guilt (for a while at least), so why not adopt a technique where you can try something new, and give it up before you get bored of it..
Presenting, the 'Saal ka last with a Blast' plan..

Well, every year you start off with ambitious dreams of what you want that year to be like and you'd have barely done anything on this list of yours by the end of the year.. I know that's true for me.. For instance, i wanted to start swimming again this year..( I went for precisely one week, caught a cold and gave up).
I wanted to bell the CAT this year (hehehehe hahahaha hohohohoh.. OK I'm not even gonna start on that)
I wanted to make more time for my friends( Considering i haven't met my best friend who lives like 3 kilometers away in over 2 months, THAT resolution clearly didn't happen)

But but but, the saal ka last with a blast ( phew it's a task to type that every time, let's just call it sklwab) is not about reminiscing(?!) the past, but kicking ass in the future..


So here's the plan, there's a week to new years and I'm gonna squeeze in as much of my resolutions into this one week..

Starting with writing more often ( considering i might have to disappear to mallu land where the Internet is slower than a pregnant snail, this might be tough. But i can always write out posts the old school way and publish online later.. muahahaha that way, i can even cheat :P )

Get back to swimming ( THIS is VERY achievable..yay!! )

Read all the books I'd picked up this year.

Staying connected with my friends ( errrr again a toughie since i wont be in town.. but the three days to new years are full on dedicated to them)

And the list probably goes on and on and on.. i mean after all it's not just for new years that we make resolutions..

So there it is.. my BIG PLAN.. wish me luck!!



4 comments:

Vedha said...

Internet is slower than a pregnant snail--- ROTFL!!!

அண்ணாமலையான் said...

hi am new 2 ur blog. its quit intstn. if u hav da ability to read tamil pls b visit my blog. all da best. thank u.

Supraja said...

3 days to new year dedicated to friends!! that so completely happened!! true to the initial acceptance of not livin up to resolutions!!

Deepti said...

oi i met yu.. i met tul, i met shru, i met hari, met sethu, met rash, met the guys, met so so so many ppl..